To determine what disability supports you might need, the NDIA will work with you and your family to develop a plan of tailored disability supports to help you achieve your goals.
They will ask what you hope to achieve in life and talk to you about the supports that will help you get there. This could include your existing supports if they are meeting your needs and goals. As your needs change over time, the funding plan can be adjusted to change with you.
To be funded, these supports must:
- be related to your disability
- be likely to be effective and beneficial
- not include everyday living costs not related to your disability support needs
- take into account informal supports provided by families, carers, networks or the community
- represent value for money.
The types of supports funded under the NDIS might include personal care, activities, transport, therapies, home and vehicle modification, mobility equipment and help with employment.