Support Coordination is vital to the success of the NDIS plan. Our primary focus is to assist you to ‘optimise’ your plan ensuring you are getting the most out of your funded support. As a Support Coordinator our role is to help our participants maximise the use of their NDIS plan to achieve their goals, live more independently, increase their skills, and be included in the community and in employment.
MHC Support coordinator will work with you to:
- Understand your NDIS plan, what each part of your plan means and how you can use the funding effectively
- Find support services and products best able to meet your individual needs
- Listen to your needs and work with you and your loved ones and allied health professionals in order to create a unique and holistic NDIS care plan to meet your goals
- Make referrals for assessments you need and ensure urgent equipment requests are made
- Coordinate assistance from mainstream services such as education, health, and housing
- Make sure your NDIS budget is managed to optimise your plan ensuring that you are getting the most out of your funded supports.
- Enhance your ability to manage and direct your own services. Build your confidence in managing your plan independently in the future.
- Monitor the progress and outcomes of achieving your goals. Help you to prepare for your next plan review including understanding what has worked and why, what has not worked, the supports needed in the next plan, and drafting plan goals
- Help through challenges, resolve points of crisis that may arise along the way